Tuesday 17 February 2015

How to make Chocolate S'mores


I tried a new recipe today and even though Valentines day was a few days ago now I'm still sticking with the 'Valentines' theme so here's a recipe that I found from Wait rose for you all.

For this recipe you will need

  • 150g Plain flour
  • 25g cocoa powder
  • 60g lurpack cooks baking range 
  • 60g Light brown Muscovado sugar
  • 70g Golden syrup
  • 6 pink & white marshmallows
  • 50g Milk chocolate
Pre heat your oven at 180 degrees, place the flour, cocoa powder, lurpack, and sugar into a food processor and mix until well blended. Add the syrup and mix again to make a smooth dough.

Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of baking parchment then using a 5cm heart shaped cutter stamp out 24 shapes. Transfer to a large parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.



Place half of your biscuits onto a cooling rack. With your marshmallows cut them in half and place in the centre of the biscuit so when it melts it will even out nicely. Put the biscuits with the marshmallows on them back into the oven for just 2 minutes. 



Once you've taken out your biscuits from the oven take your plain biscuits and place them on top of the biscuits with the marshmallows. 


(Your biscuits should look like this once the marshmallow's are melted)


Next you will need to melt your chocolate so place the chocolate into the microwave until it's nicely melted and then you can start decorating your S'mores 

And there you have it! For me personally the Wait rose recipe was a tiny bit confusing so I wanted to try and make the recipe a bit more simple for you and tell you exactly how I did it. 

I should also add that for me it didn't make 24 It made 12 biscuits all together but once you put them all into sandwiches it only made about 6 so I advise you to double everything if you wish to bake more :)
xxx



2 comments:

  1. I saw this recipe in Waitrose too! But it was on our way out so we didn't go back to buy the ingredients.
    These look amazing though!
    Emily
    xx
    http://emilyattemptslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! They're pretty simple to make (and sticky!) but yummy too! I had to try and stop myself eating all the marshmallows before I used them all! x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design