Sunday 10 May 2015

An app to send you asleep.



Do you have trouble sleeping? I know I do especially when it comes to knowing that I really need to sleep in order to get up early the next day. Knowing that I need to get up the next day I then begin to start counting down "so I'll have this many hours if I fall asleep now, If I fall asleep now I'll have that many hours" and so on. Often I'll be so tired throughout the day and then when it comes to me going to bed my mind decides to play games with me and automatically tells me "Oh your not tired, I was just tricking you lets see how long you can stay awake for blah blah blah" y'know what I mean? And then this is when my mind gathers all of it's thoughts and makes me think about them over and over again in every detail which drives me crazy! I was thinking of doing a 'tips for sleeping' post but realise that actually I do not have many tips at all because I'm not always the best at sleeping and a lot of tips don't work for me personally.

But I wanted to share with you an app that I have lately found helps me to 'wind down' and to feel a bit more 'calm' when I go to bed. It doesn't necessarily send me to sleep straight away but it does help me focus on the sounds that I'm listening to instead of thinking about other things that I don't want to think about before bed. The app that I'm talking about is called 'Sleep Pillow' when you buy it it'll come with a few main sounds but you can always download some more from the store. I actually use all of the sounds at different times because I find that they all help me to feel calm. The sound effects of "Whales" is beautiful and makes me feel like I'm at an aquarium just on my own watching the fish swim by. Listening to the Waves sound effects is also one that I love, the sound of waves is one of my favourite sounds and I love how it makes me feel like I'm at a sunny beach when really I'm just in my bed room.  Another great one is the first one which is water running. To me there's no sound more calming than water either when it's raining or from a fountain. But I think you get the idea. If your like me and take quite a long while to wind down and fall asleep this is something I recommend to you. I prefer sleeping with a bit of noise, I can sleep when it's completely silent but I just prefer to have some sort of noise in the back ground (as long as it's not snoring haha!)
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Great post. I definitely have had trouble sleeping lately, so this is very helpful!
    hannahelizaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love listening to waves while falling asleep as well! Very soothing!

    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i need this. Thank youuuu!
    Nessie xxx
    nessiiiebloggie.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design